Tesha Miller freed

THE Spanish Town police were yesterday bracing for any possible
disruption of peace in the old capital associated with the pending
release from prison of Tesha Miller, the man they accused of being leader of the feared Klansman Gang based in the area.
“The police will certainly be monitoring the situation and would have
had things in place to address any situation,” Anthony Castelle, the
senior superintendent in charge of the St Catherine North Police
Division, told the Jamaica Observer yesterday.
The police were also prepared to prevent any possible celebration by Miller’s associates.
Miller was on April 2011 sentenced to 15 years imprisonment on gun and
robbery charges in the High Court Division of the Gun Court.
His legal team of Bert Samuels, Valerie Neita-Robertson and Charles
‘Advoket’ Ganga-Singh filed an appeal which was heard last month.
Yesterday, the court, in handing down the ruling, promised to deliver its written reasons at a later date.
“This case is a classic case of police planting evidence,” Samuels told the Observer.
“Fortunate for Tesha Miller, the robbery is alleged to have taken place
at the same time he was reporting in the company of his mother at the
Spanish Town Police Station,” Samuels said.
Yesterday, while the police were on high alert for any eventuality, Miller’s relatives were singing God’s praise.
“To God be the glory,” said a sibling. “We feel that this verdict is a vindication for my brother.”
Miller’s relatives were adamant that he was being wrongfully targeted by the police.
This is Miller’s third acquittal on criminal charges.
Miller had faced a charge of murder in the Home
Circuit Court for the April 2004 killing of John Haughton on Spanish
Town Road, but the charge was dropped due to insufficient evidence.
Prior to that, he was set free of the January 2005 triple murders of Oraine Jackson, Jeffery Johnson and Nicole Allen in Braeton, St Catherine.
If You Enjoy Our Updates Please Make A Donation To Help Keep Our Site Going

You might also like